Savers in the community
Being a responsible retailer is core to our activites and in 2006 we (and our sister company Superdrug) launched a long term partnership with the Prince's Trust to support young people with potential through a programme of fund-raising, employee involvement and creating job opportunities. Since 2006 we have been working to raise funds and awareness to support charities which work on skin cancer campaigns.
We are committed to:
- Responsible energy management and to cost effective energy efficiency throughout all stores and Regional Distribution Centres
- Reducing the amount of fuel used by our HGV fleet
- Minimising the environmental impact arising from the use of materials and services provided in building, shopfitting, repairing and maintaining premises
- Minimising the production of waste, ensuring its safe disposal and maximising recycling wherever practicable
- Ensuring good environmental practices amongst our own-brand suppliers and including environmental issues in buying decisions
- Minimising the use of unnecessary packaging; maximising recovery and recycling, with total commitment to packaging waste regulations and meeting our obligations contained therein
- Working with suppliers of own brand pulp derived products and wood products to use material from well managed forests
- Bringing to an end all testing on animals of cosmetic and toiletries products, and their ingredients
- Being aware of the environmental issues surrounding the use of our own brand products and to taking appropriate action
- Ensuring acceptable environmental, health & safety, and employment conditions in own brand product suppliers in developing nations
Saver's charter against animal testing
We and our own brand manufacturers do not commission animal testing on any of our own brand products or ingredients. Our own brand cosmetics, toiletry and household ranges have not been tested on animals by us or by our own brand manufacturers.